Friday, August 8, 2008

Just a little more!

I am so sorry for not posting the last 3 weeks. My only computer is here at work and the end of the month was so hectic here.
This could be the root of a little stress and little weight loss.
I decided not to weigh every Friday and back off for 2 weeks to see results since I was working out with weights and I knew it would be water and muscle on the scale. I was right and I hit a plateau at 16 lbs. For 2 weeks I lost nothing.

I can’t lie to you and tell you I was a perfect eating angel because I was not. I went camping for the weekend and splurged on beer, chips, brats, bacon, eggs and smores. That was one day of food. AGH (screech). I felt disgusted with myself the day after but, damn it was so good going down. This was a total of 2 weeks of just picking the wrong foods. I did not give it my very best and the results showed that. I even had Mexican food but, I chose to eat only one fajita no cheese. That was after eating the basket of chips with salsa. What am I thinking? It is obvious I did not try very hard and no excuses to be made for the first time in my life.

I know what your thinking (I can’t do that to start with). Yes you are right I have been hitting the gym most every day except Sundays of course so I think that has to do with not gaining weight from this bad two weeks.

Thankfully this week I regained control of myself and got back on track to eating foods that were more healthy and controlling my cravings and trust me this is hard this time of the month ladies.
I lost 2 more lbs this week and now I am 18lbs down. Tomorrow will be my 2 month mark and I can say that I am proud of myself for getting this far. I can really tell my inches are falling off. I can wear pants I haven’t been able to wear and I have been receiving great feedback from family and friends.

I love the support I am getting from ya’ll and friends. I don’t know if it is my emotions getting to me this week or if I was happy but, I went to the gym yesterday and worked out so hard burning 1065 calories in one hour and a random woman at the gym said you did really great in class today. I have never met her nor seen her there before. I left the gym in tears of joy crying in my car. I really can’t tell you why I felt so happy but, I did.

Little things like that make me steer clear of bad foods and junk cravings. I absolutely love going to the gym now and wish I could do it twice a day. Thank the lord my gym is all women or else I would be very self conscious jumping out of rhythm on the dance floor. Hahaha

2 more lbs to hit that 20 lbs mark and maybe I can do it this weekend. I am going to try so hard.I promise I will keep you informed.

PS (anyone doing this with me steer clear of chips, brats and smores. It’s not worth it)
Thanks
Crystal
Missbrightside81@hotmail.com

1 comment:

Paula said...

Hi Crystal. It must have been in the alignment of the stars these last few weeks. I have been doing this weight loss with you, and oddly I fell off the bandwagon slightly over the past few weeks. I was eating things that I knew I wasn't supposed to. I wasn't journaling what I was eating. I wasn't going to the gym. I was eating sweets, fried stuff and worst (but best) of all MEXICAN food!! I didn't gain any weight during this time, but I didn't lose any either which just feels like it puts me that much farther behind. I pulled myself out of it last week and lost 2.6 lbs last Friday when I weighed. I went to the gym twice today and have plans to go every day the rest of this week. I may not lose as much this week as I build some muscle, but I sure will feel a lot better about myself. I have found that when I go to the gym I start putting things into perspective like 1 hour on treadmill burns 400 calories and most of the food I love are more than 400 calories in one serving. It makes me think .. is this "whatever the food is" worth an hour on the treadmill??? I don't think so!! Good luck and don't lose your focus. Keep writing.